C-Hill at Sunset

C-Hill at Sunset
Here is the Sunset of C-Hill, C-Hill is a prodominate landmark at Chadron State College and of the City of Chadron, NE

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Our plans for this trip, and how have I arrived to where I am now?


I have just been thinking about this trip and the lead up to it. I was introduced to the idea of going on the study abroad to London approximately on the 19th or 20th of August 2010, during New Student Orientation, my freshman year here at CSC. In the summer of 2011, I didn’t go as I was still getting ahold of this college thing and living in Nebraska. In 2012, they regrouped and reorganized the trip, there was no trip that year. Also I am also guessing they did not us to get caught up in everything with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee or the Summer Olympics that year. Last year, I attempted, but failed to raise the deposit.  This year, barriers be damned, I am going to London in less than 2 weeks!

So, what should I do? I have a lot of ideas. It may not seem like so, but remember I have 2 weeks. Some of the things on the itinerary (no specific order or dates since I am paranoid, hence no flight date or time).  So, officially, the group is going to 2 local police stations, Windsor Castle, New Scotland Yard, Stonehenge, the Roman Bath, Charring Cross, Oxford, a Magistrate Court, the U. K. Supreme Court, the Dojo where the officers get trained in hand to hand combat, Houses of Parliament, King’s College for a lecture, Westminster Abbey, trooping of the Colours rehearsal, Stratford Upon Avon (birth place of Shakespeare), the London Legal Walk, and Warwick Castle.

There are some side trips that we are allowed (or in some cases need to make). On the list of mandatory trips which include a park (ok), a history museum (yay), and an art museum (I’m sure I will find something I will like).  Good news is most of all of these things are free, yes, free! What else are we thinking about? We are about a mile from Buckingham Palace, also the River Thames, and the London Eye. We are also expected to try to eat national food, as well as ethnic food. It is also recommended to go to a pub (I can do that). We are also recommended to go a view a show or two in the various theatres in the area (so far have found like 3 within an hour walk of the hotel).  Alas even though this is a Criminal Justice trip they do not want us to see the inside of a jail cell.

Anyway, I am sure this list will keep me and most of the people going occupied. Here is the thing, I am from the area of a major city. I know the benefits of listening to people who have visited there, or who live there. With that being said, there is a comment area below my posts, if you have an idea, you are more than welcome to leave it, and I (and my group) may consider it.

No comments:

Post a Comment